from tire to tire vol. 2

Yet another tire has to be reviewed for our rubber abuse.

This time its the Halo - Twin Rail Courier.
You can get it in six different colours (we like colours a lot!!!), but as I know that coloured tires are sooner abused than black tires - I chose the black one. I picked my Halo up at the famous BLB (Brick Lane Bikes) in London for a nice bargain of 15£ (approx. 18€ euro).

I had it mounted on my wheel for around 4 weeks of ultimate rubber abuse aka skidding in January/February 2010. The size is 700x24 and its around 350 grams a little bit lighter then the Soma, by the way its a non-folding tire and I like more the 700x23 size. The tire features two lines of rubber which go around the full tire for extra comofort - this is were the name "Twin Rail" comes from. This "rubber rail" makes the tire a bit slippy in the beginning and you don't stop as fast as maybe on a Conti tire - but don't worry it wont last for long. The green carcass showed up pretty soon and I asked myself why is there a courier in the name of the tire - its not that durable I hoped for. When the anti-puncture strip was done too which took me another 5-7 days another black rubber layer showed up - this was my sign to change the tire.

...Halo do other great products like the rims/wheels...

So the normal price mhh, its too expensive for me - but the bargain I had on it was okay to check out. I am sure I will not drive a Halo again as long as its for skidding, maybe as a nice coloured frontwheel tire.










photo credits go out to Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment